Supporting and enhancing student learning through a coherent and articulated curriculum, developmentally appropriate and research-based instruction, and on-going professional development is at the heart of all good schools. NCPA is unique in that ‘the heart of our good school’ supports students in an immersion setting for Chinese National students preparing for Western universities.
The elements of curriculum, instruction, and assessment serve to connect our students’ learning to a broader global context and enrich the learning experience through emphasis on facets of learning that support our students to and beyond the university years. At NCPA, curriculum, instruction, and assessment are developed to ensure clarity and focus in four standards for success that support students in a lifelong learning journey:
- examine text to infer, interpret and draw conclusions
- support arguments with evidence
- resolve conflicting views from source documents
- solve complex problems with no obvious answers
Students’ ability to apply these standards independently in a variety of situations helps support their success in school and beyond.
NCPA follows a curriculum based on researched best practices and US standards. At NCPA, we develop 21st century habits in order for students to negotiate and manage unfamiliar situations. Teachers plan and implement strategies to effectively improve student understanding and achievement. We offer many rigorous and engaging opportunities to our students – for example, a broad array of Advanced Placement courses, a strong fine arts program, and an English language program to build strong academic and social language.
NCPA is a learning community that empowers students to achieve academic and social excellence. NCPA offers a college preparatory program that supports students in becoming independent and collaborative learners through active observation, research, negotiation, evaluation and planning. We believe success is defined by strong character based on self-discipline, responsibility, integrity and respect for differences.
At NCPA, we believe that:
- Family is the primary influence on an individual’s development and learning.
- Honesty, trust and respect are essential in successful relationships.
- Individuals are responsible for their choices and actions to themselves, to society and to the environment.
- A supportive, positive partnership involving members of the school, the families, and the community fosters the highest levels of achievement.
- All students can learn when the expectations and a nurturing, safe learning environment are provided.
- Meaningful learning is enhanced through active involvement in the learning process.
- Development of independence, collaboration, and critical thinking skills is fundamental to quality education.
- Development of an understanding, appreciation and respect for diversity is vital in a global community.
- Establishing goals and setting priorities are prerequisite to successful learning.
- Cooperation and collaboration are essential to an individual’s success in a diverse society.
- Active involvement in community service is a critical component in developing responsible, caring students.
- Learning is a life-long activity.
Nansha College Preparatory Academy will educate individuals to be successful global contributors in the 21st century by developing skillful :
• draw conclusions after thoughtful evaluation,
• address complex issues and resolve conflicts, and
• flexibly adjust to new situations
• ask questions to improve critical and creative thinking,
• consider diverse points of view, and
• learn from observation
• construct systems to organize information and ideas,
• acquire habits to evaluate and improve, and
• resourcefully persist when encountering obstacles
• listen, read, and communicate effectively to interpret information,
• conduct research conscientiously and with integrity, and
• demonstrate mastery of strategies and skills in academic and social contexts
Dear All, Thank you for taking a moment to learn about Nansha College Preparatory Academy (NCPA). All of us here on the NCPA team are proud of our school and the noteworthy accomplishments of our students. NCPA offers a very unique opportunity for Chinese national students to experience an international education. We believe that our …
Nansha College Preparatory Academy
180 Gang Qian Boulevard, Nansha
Guangzhou, Guangdong, China 511458
Tel: +86 20 3468 3339
Fax: +86 20 3468 3528
Tel: +86 20 8521 5836
Tel: +86 20 8521 5488